US, CA Los Angeles, 90012
|Practice Areas of Law||Administrative, Adoption, Civil Rights, Driving Under the Influence, Education, Family, Immigration, Traffic Tickets|
MIHO MURAI, Esq. is an attorney in private practice who handles immigration law, education law (including special education, school discipline, and discrimination), guardianship, adoption, and dependency (children in foster care).
Miho received her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a Specialization in Chicana/o Studies from the University of California, Los Angeles. Upon graduating, she taught for four years as a bilingual elementary school teacher in South Central Los Angeles. In addition to her teaching responsibilities, she served on the Student Success Team, a committee designed to assess and recommend individual student modifications in the general education program. She also created and instructed, in Spanish, a school-wide parent class that provided reading and writing strategies to be implemented at home. After the passage of Proposition 227, and witnessing its negative effects on her students, she decided to pursue her life-long dream of attending law school.
Miho graduated from the University of California, Hastings College of Law, with a Concentration in Public Interest Law. While in law school, she had the honor of externing for the late Honorable Robert M. Takasugi, United States District Court, Central District. She also worked at numerous non-profit organizations, including Legal Services for Children, National Center for Youth Law, Asian Law Caucus, and Public Counsel Law Center, as well as San Francisco Public Defender's Office.
Miho has been a member of the Californis State Bar for over eleven years. She has significant litigation experience as a former Deputy Trial Counsel for the Office of the Chief Trial Counsel of the State Bar of California (prosecuting attorneys for misconduct), as a staff attorney for Sacramento Child Advocates (representing children in the foster care system), and as a staff attorney for Public Counsel Law Center (representing students in special education, school discipline, and other education related issues).
Miho is fluent in both English and Spanish. She is a member of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles, the Asian Pacific American Women Lawyer Alliance, the Southern California Special Education Task Force, the California Foster Youth Education Task Force, the California Association for Parent-Child Advocacy, the Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates, the National Lawyers' Guild of Los Angeles, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, and the Southern California Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. In July 2010, she was selected to be a member of the Office of Administrative Hearings, Special Education Advisory Committee for the 2010-2012 fiscal years. She was reappointed to the position for the 2012-14 fiscal year. Miho is also a member of the Los Angeles Juvenile Court Education Panel, where she is regularly appointed to represent students with disabilities who are in the foster care system or who have an active delinquency case. Finally, Miho is a pro bono attorney for the Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project of Catholic Charities, where she represents detained youth in both state and immigration court, and for Talk About Curing Autism (TACA), and the Disabilities Rights Legal Center, where she where she represents students with disabilities.
In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, dancing, teaching, creative writing, and volunteering. She is also a writer for the Examiner.com as the South LA Special Needs Examiner.
For more information on Miho Murai, please go to: www.linkedin.com/in/mihomurai.
- Form I-918 - Petition for U Non-Immigrant Status - Expires 1-31-16
- USCIS Instructions for Form I-918.pdf
- Form I-918 Supplement A, Petition for Qualifying Member of U-1 Recipient - Expires 1-31-16.pdf
- Form I-918, Supplement B, U Nonimmigrant Status Certification - Expires 1-31-16
- USCIS Instructions for Form I-918 Supplement B, U Nonimmigrant Status Certification
- Form I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative - Expires 12-31-15.pdf
- Form I-912 - Request for Fee Waiver - Expires 4-30-18.pdf
- USCIS Instructions for Form I-912 - Expires 4-30-18.pdf
- USCIS Instructions for Form I-130 - Expires 12-31-15.pdf
- Form G-325, Biographic Information - Expires 2-28-15.pdf
- Document Checklist for Naturalization - Form M-477.pdf
- Form G-1145 - E-Notification of Application - Expires 9-30-16.pdf
- Naturalization Requirements - Form G-1151.pdf
- Form I-131 - Application for Travel Document - Expires 11-30-16.pdf
- USCIS Instructions for Form I-131 - Expires 11-30-16.pdf
- Form I-192 - Application for Advance Permission to Enter as Nonimmigrant - Expires 4-30-15.pdf
- USCIS Instructions for Form I-192 - Expires 4-30-15.pdf
- Form I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status - Expires 10-31-17.pdf
- USCIS Instructions for Form 1-485 - Expires 10-31-17.pdf
- Form I-601 - Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility - Expires 3-31-17.pdf
- USCIS Instructions for Form I-601 - Expires 3-31-17.pdf
- Form I-601A - Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver - Expires 7-31-17.pdf
- USCIS Instructions for Form I-601 A - Expires 7-31-17.pdf
- Form I-751 - Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence - Expires 11-30-17.pdf
- USCIS Instructions for Form I-751 - Expires 11-30-17.pdf
- Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization - Expires 2-28-18.pdf
- Form I-765 Worksheet - Expires 2-28-18.pdf
- USCIS Instructions for Form I-765 - Expires 2-28-18.pdf
- Form I-864 - Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the INA - Expires 7-31-17.pdf
- USCIS Instructions for Form 1-864 - Expires 7-31-17.pdf
- Form N-400, Application for Naturalization - Expires 3-31-19.pdf
- USCIS Instructions for Form N-400 - Expires 3-31-19.pdf
- Form I-140 - Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker - Expires 4-30-18.pdf
- USCIS Instructions for Form I-140 - Expires 4-30-18.pdf
- Form I-907 - Request for Premium Processing Service - Expires 1-31-18.pdf
- USCIS Instructions for Form I-907 - Expires 1-31-18.pdf
- Form 929 - Petition for Qualifying Family Member of U-1 Nonimmigrant - Expires 3-31-17.pdf
- USCIS Instructions for Form I-929 - Expires 3-31-17.pdf
- 100 Civics Questions for the Naturalization Test - Revised 2-2016
- 100 Civics Questions for the Naturalization Test - Revised 2-2016 - Spanish Version
- 100 Civics Questions for the Naturalization Test - Revised 2-2016 - Chinese Version